Cedar Park Counseling Network is a community ministry of
Cedar Park Church
Contributions to CPCN are tax-deductible.
Your contributions to Cedar Park Counseling Network’s Counseling Scholarship Fund are used to provide counseling scholarships for individuals, couples and families who cannot afford counseling services.
Our caring, experienced counselors are professionals. Their income is based on client fees and/or insurance coverage. When clients do not have the means to pay for their counseling, we
1. Provide counseling at a reduced (sliding scale) cost, based on the client’s ability to pay
2. Supplement the cost of counseling through CPCN’s Scholarship Fund
Facts about the Prevalence of Mental Illness, Divorce, and Suicide in Washington State.
From the University of Washington School of Social Work: Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally.
- An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older — about one in four adults — experience a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.
- One in 10 children have a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.
- One in four families has at least one member with a mental disorder.
According to the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics, Washington State has one of the higher divorce rates in the nation, ranking 15th in the United States.
Three people take their own lives in Washington each day on average, and suicide remains among the top causes of death in our state. Rates of suicides and suicide attempts went up slightly in Washington from 2006 to 2012. Suicide is Washington’s eighth leading cause of death – second in the 15-24-year-old age group. The state ranks 21st nationally in suicides. Thousands of other Washington residents are hospitalized each year after trying to hurt themselves. (Information from Washington State Dept. of Health.)
Thank you in advance for your generous support of the Scholarship Fund. You are helping us to help others who want to make healthy changes in their lives. Please contact us with your gift to CPCN’s Counseling Scholarship Fund:
Cedar Park Counseling Network
Counseling Scholarship Fund
16300 – 112th Avenue NE, WA 98011
425 939-1490 or CPCN@cedarpark.org